Dear Valued Customers,
After the tragic Morandi bridge collapse incident in Genoa, the port of Genoa is facing major repercussions on traffic from the port city to the rest of Italy and Europe due to the interruption of the connection between A10 and A7-A20 motorways.
We’d like to inform you that all the other motorway links and gates are fully operating.
Voltri Pra’ and Genoa SECH (Sampierdarena port basin) are accessible. However, heavy traffic can be expected in these areas.
Meetings are being held daily by the Port Authority and Genoa Municipality to find solutions for port internal connections to relieve the traffic congestion and to improve road access to the Genoa Sampierdarena port basin.
We’d like to reassure you that our team is working relentlessly on finding solutions for the situation and minimizing the effect of the incident on cargo transportation.
Meanwhile, Our team is at your disposal to answer any questions or concerns.
The main line services for TransAtlantic & Far East are available at the 2 main container terminals VTE (Voltri terminal Europa) & SECH
- From West Italy (Piemonte region): Can be reached through the A21, A10 and A26 Motorways
- From East Italy (Veneto region): Can be reached through the A4, A21, A12, A7 to A26 Motorways. This is a longer route and extra charges might be applied.
SECH (Sampierdarena) Terminal:
- From West Italy (Piemonte region): Can be reached through the A21, A10 and A26 to A7 Motorways. This is a longer route and extra charges might be applied.
- From East Italy (Veneto region): Can be reached through the A4, A21 and A12 to A7 Motorways
- Possible new route: “Road of the Pope” that runs inside the Ilva factory of Cornigliano might be opened in a few weeks for trucks coming from the motorway, allowing them to enter the harbor area directly
- Main railway hub (Campasso) in Genoa that is used by all terminals is closed, and is estimated to be reopened in 20 days depending on the permission of the Authorities to resume the rail traffic
- Trucking companies are facing issues with delivering the same service level (in terms of pick up time) to collect empty containers and load goods due to the heavy congestion in the streets around the red zone (where the bridge collapsed)
- Some extra charges might be applied due to the heavy congestion and using longer alternative routes, in case your cargo is affected by any of the mentioned issues, our team will be in touch with you to answer any questions